The question “Is it too early for beer o’clock?” started flying around the office about 11am today, and I’m very proud to say that we’ve managed to make it to 4pm and still not a drop of booze has touched our lips. We’re making up for it by blasting out old school pop classics like Blazin’ Squad, Billie Piper and O-Town. I think Steve now needs a drink more than ever.
So, it’s nearly the bank holiday weekend, woohoooooo! What’s everybody up to? Bloodybigspider will absolutely not be in the office for the next four days so don’t be offended if we don’t reply to your emails – we’ll just be too busy drinking wine and getting chocolate all over the sofa.
If you have any free time between your Mars Easter egg and your fifth hot cross bun, take a look at these little beauties. We thought they were pretty good:
- Ten excellent uses of typography on book covers (except maybe The Casual Vacancy – meh)
- If you’re a fan of Wagamama’s firecracker chicken, you have to try this recipe, it’s excellent and tastes very similar to the real thing
- The Bachelor is a terrible, depressing, demeaning show but it’s basically on TV all the time so I can’t help watching it now and again. The current bachelor is a massive sexist pig and this article about him is pretty hilarious
- What do horror films do to your brain?
- This GIF illustrates the greatest thing women can do for each other in 2016
- How to build a strong brand identity
- These Yinka Shonibare installations are basically bookshelf porn
- Gorgeous photos of Indian widows breaking the rules and enjoying life
- The fabulous, incredible Quentin Blake is immortalised in a typeface
- Love this: an ode to sound effects in 1970s Archie comics
- Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh terrifying but excellent illustrations by Don Kenn
- Anatomically correct balloon animals. Why not?
- These London pigeons have important jobs!
- Newsflash: bubbles are even cooler in space (as is everything)
- How hard is it to go cold turkey with exclamation marks? I honestly don’t think I could do it (!!!!!)
- And in related news, putting a full stop at the end of a text means you’re a heartless bitch, apparently. I would argue that it means you understand and value the rules of English grammar and punctuation, but whatevs
- 20 lovely beer label designs (I particularly love Goldhawk Ale, Cervecería Sagrada and Yoho Brewing Company)
That’s all for now, folks. We’re off to HAVE THAT ALCOHOLIC DRINK we’ve been resisting all day. Yeeeah!
Happy bank holiday xx
PS: A big shout out to Taylor, our design intern who finished with us last Friday. He wrote a lovely blog post for us about his time at Bloodybigspider and we’ll be posting that next week <3
PPS: Don’t forget Pollen is coming up in less than two weeks! Get your free ticket today guys!