Bonjour mesdames et messieurs, ca va? Apologies, I spent last weekend in Paris and in my head I’m still there. If you think it’s hard to understand a Yorkshireman, just wait til you have to hear one attempting French. Mayhem.
Anyway, I survived the trip which consisted of eating snails, pastries and drinking fine wine, and made it back to the big smoke ready for another week of hard graft. This week in the life of Bloodybigspider we finally got round to hosting Pollen – the greatest networking event in the world for people working in marcomms. If there’s an award for that out there we’d definitely win it.
In all seriousness it was a fantastic night and it was great to see so many people down there. All of us here at Bloodybigspider met some bloody nice people and we hope to see you again at the next event. My highlight of the night (as well as talking to lots of lovely people) was the little mouse running around trying to do some networking. He was cute but I don’t think anyone was interested in his pitch about cheese. Sorry mouse.
Here’s some delightful Instagrams from the event that was Pollen:
Make sure you stay tuned with us on Twitter and we’ll keep you updated on all things #PollenLondon @bloodybigspider!
Friday evening is upon us, so here’s some of our favourite things from the internet this week:
- An amazing time-lapse shot in Rio
- Dubai sky scrapers standing above the fog
- Banksy’s back
- Peter Saville discusses Joy Division’s iconic ‘Unknown Pleasures’ album cover
- A cats biggest fear is… a banana
- Reasons why you wouldn’t let The Babysitter’s Club look after your kids
- The video that perfectly sums up airport check-ins
- Graphic design typography puns
- These fictional bank notes are simply stunning
- 25 years of Photoshop
- The hipster alphabet
- What colour is the actual colour of this dress?
That’s it for this week mes amis. Don’t forget to comment and share your favourite links with us too!
The BBS team