This week, Dave in the copywriting team stunned the office with his sparkling water choice. No, I don’t mean his choice of water was a ‘sparkling’ idea. He actually purchased fizzy water from a shop, using real money. It caused quite the uproar in the office and the majority agreed the h2O market has far better things to offer. Give me a bottle of still any day.
The weather in London has been somewhat of a Yorkshire summer this week, with grey skies and plenty of rain. We’ve also been debating the words ‘ginnel’ and ‘snicket’, popular terms up north for an alleyway. We northerners in the office strongly agree that these are actual words, whereas the others are not so sure. (It’s NOT a word! -ed)
A new restaurant was discovered this week, and it turned out to be the best thing ever. Breakfast and Burgers, in the Whitechapel area, delivers breakfast and/or burgers to your door. Sausage, egg and cheese in a brioche bun; need I say more?
The designers have been fixated on icons and image library this week, as well as working on the Bloodybigspider Christmas card, while us funsters in the marketing team have typed a combined 337,256 words in total… though that’s just a wild guess.
And it’s the last weekend in November, which means from today Christmas is only 26 days away. Scary.
Anyway here are a few fun links from the week. Enjoy:
- A death star inspired Bluetooth speaker that glows
- Font awesomeness
- Award-winning advertising campaigns
- Breakfast delivered to your office
- A lamb chop from out of space
- The tallest street art in the UK
- An audio visual instrument
- Incredibly thin and printable ‘lightpaper’
- The hipster business name generator
- Even Santa poops
- The best of the worst typography humour
- The top ten highest paid jobs in the UK in 2014
- Visualising colour
- Trams lit up with 30,000 LED lights in Budapest
- The Gap by Ira Glass
- Stephen Fry Kinetic Typography Language
- See what any text looks like using every font on your computer
Don’t forget to share some of your favourite links of the week with us too.
Thanks and happy weekend folks!
Oh, and give us a follow on Instagram!